COVID-19 Policy and Procedures
In accordance with government and regulatory body guidelines in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the following policy guidelines have been introduced at Osteopathic Healthcare. All guidance and correspondence in relation to COVID-19 have been entered onto the clinic website and copies can be found in each clinic.
Prior to visiting the clinic patients must not be in the high risk category, suffering with any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anybody who has the virus. Those in the high risk demographic (aged 70+, pregnant, or immune compromised) are strongly recommended not to receive care.
In order to provide osteopathic treatment, when booking appointments all patients will be screened prior to the appointment, and all patients will be required to read and sign a consent form to continue with treatment, on arrival. Questions include:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19? (persistent cough or fever over 37.8 degrees)
- Are you or have you been in contact with a person who is currently suffering from the Corona Virus?
- Are you pregnant (if applicable) or do you have any underlying medical conditions that would deem you vulnerable? If unsure please refer to government guidelines for increased vulnerability, available on the NHS website.
- Are you prepared for payment to be made using card machine or bank transfer?
- Are you prepared to wear a face mask at all times during your appointment?
- Have you read the consent form available on the clinic website and are you happy to sign on arrival?
All patients will be required to wear their own face mask at all times and during the treatment to reduce risk. Patients will also be requested to wash their hands in the clinic before the treatment. Hand sanitiser will be provided for use. Sufficient time will be allocated in-between patients to avoid cross-infection, allowing airborne droplets to fall and extra time for cleaning measures. If necessary, the taking of body temperature can be carried out.
At this moment, the practitioner will not be exhibiting any symptoms of the COVID-19 infection, testing their temperature on a daily basis, using PPE and the following hygiene measures:
- Face masks, apron and gloves; of which each will be replaced after every patient treatment.
- If it is necessary a full face visor will be worn also.
- Hand washing in between patients and the donning of fresh gloves.
- Spare clothing and work clinic coats available for changing at the end of each working day.
- Payment for treatment will be taken via card machine or bank transfer.
All sections of the bench and seating are washed with soapy water/ disinfectant between every patient. All hard surfaces and commonly handled items (door handles, card machine, keyboards etc) are disinfected between every patient and floors cleaned at least once a day.
We have stopped using material (fabric) coverings for the treatment couches (as the virus can linger on porous surfaces). Washable / wipeable pillows will now be used and cleaned after each patient. Paper couch roll will be used to cover the couch.
All patients are advised that we are doing all that we reasonably can to minimise risk whilst practicing. However, we cannot eliminate risk, especially as COVID-19 can be spread by those showing no symptoms.